Posted on June 7, 2009 at 11:17 AM
Octopus and ginger. This combination is wonderfully refreshing. The photograph I took of the Octopus arms made them look huge but in reality they were rather small. Just enough to make two of t hese salads.
VINEGARED OCTOPUS AND CUCUMBER
- 1 Japanese cucumber, peeled
- 1 medium size leg of cooked Octopus
- 1 tbls ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tsp salt for the cucumber
- Make the Vinegared dressing
- Rub cucumber with 1t sp of salt. Slice thinly, 1/8-inch thick. Soak the salted cucumber pieces in a bowl of water (2 cups) for about 15minutes. Drain.
- Slice the octopus at a diagonal, about 1/8 inch thick. Put a small incision in each piece to make chewing easy.
- Grate the ginger.
- Assemble the cucumbers and octopus in a bowl. Pour the dressing and serve with grated ginger.